Last Sunday in church, God gave me a really beautiful, simple reminder of the way He cares about every detail of our lives. He showed me again that not only does He care about and provide for our needs, but He also gives thought to our desires and our hopes and even just the little things in life which make us smile. This most recent reminder of that truth came through a lovely lady in our church, named Olga. We've never had a proper. in-depth conversation, Olga and I, but at the end of the service on Sunday, she came up to me and gently handed me a small, beautifully wrapped parcel. When I asked her what it was, she looked at me, smiled and said, "I don't know."
She went on to explain that while she was visiting her son out in Tenerife recently, he gave her this parcel and told her that she was either to keep it for herself or give it to someone in her church; she chose the latter option, despite still not knowing what was inside. I didn't know what to say so I just sat down and unwrapped the lovely pretty paper, and found inside it a gorgeous silver cross necklace. It's so beautiful and I was honestly blown away.
I used to have a really lovely cross necklace which was incredibly similar to this new one, but as time had passed, it had become old, faded and just a bit grim to be honest (!) so I stopped wearing it a while back. I had been really wanting to get a new one, but knew it was not a priority at the moment as money is tight. It's not an essential and I had just put it at the back of my mind on that shelf we all have, marked, "When we next have some extra money" :)
When I saw this beautiful necklace, I was so touched and quite emotional firstly at Olga and her son's kindness in first buying it and then giving it away, and secondly at the fact that I felt God really blessed me through their kindness with something I didn't need but something which I absolutely love and wouldn't have bought myself. He's so good like that - He's the King of Treats and going the extra mile and it's so important I remember that in amidst the tougher times and the challenges He allows us. Thank you God for my new necklace and thank you Olga and your son for delivering it to me in your generosity. It made my week!

3 comments:
Awesome! A x
We stand amazed! Get my drift?! He's good to us; there's no other like him. In him, we lack nothing! Love you x x x
I have only just read this because of Tim's comment on Facebook. We desperately need a testimony time in our gatherings every now and then. Testimonies aren't just about 'story telling', they activate other peoples faith.
Thank you for sharing this. It made me smile.
Post a Comment
Any thoughts? Feel free to share...