Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Friday, 8 October 2010

July's Jungle Fun

Back in July, the "dream team" of Amy and Helen came to sunny Barry (which actually did happen to be sunny that weekend!) to transform a simple, dare I say boring, spare room in the Miti household into a nursery fit for a bean! When we asked if they would like to help us decorate the room which will belong to the baby once it's old enough not to sleep in our bedroom, we meant putting up a border and maybe giving the room a fresh coat of magnolia paint. So that was where we started...





It would have looked perfectly fine, nice and colourful had we stuck to just that, but when Amy is involved you can expect the unexpected! She had brought along lots of acrylic paints to do a mural on one of the walls; I thought she would paint one animal and that would be wonderful. Little did I know...! Helen, Vianney and I decided to give her space to start on what would become her masterpiece and left her to it while we went to Tesco for sustenance! What we found on our return was really rather exciting, giving us a taste of the transformation yet to come...




As the weekend went on and Amy's work progressed (with lunch and tea-breaks of course, we're not slave-drivers!!) I started to realise this was going to be a very special room - and one which I would want to sleep in myself if only it had a bed in it! Even now, more than two months later and with the baby not yet here to inhabit the room, I find myself wandering in there just to look at it on at least a daily basis!




As Amy painted, Vianney and Helen got to work with some brilliantly practical things like putting together the changing table and since then, Vianney has put up brightly coloured shelves and other such finishing touches and the room is now 100% ready to welcome its owner :)








So there you have it, Mini Miti's jungle friends await him/her and so do Mini Miti's Mum and Dad! Watchi this space (although judging by my inability to get round to blogging lately, any kind of mention of its arrival will probably come approximately 3 months after the event!)

1 comment:

Pippa said...

Beautiful room! I'm sure the little man is loving it. Can't wait to meet him!

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share...