Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Friday, 2 December 2011

Gratitude

“@MaxLucado: Cranky? List 10 good things about ur life. God cures grumpiness with gratitude.”

Yes, cranky is a word I might use to describe myself this week (at times, not constantly!) However, gratitude is something I feel so strongly about; I have a lot to be grateful for. Let's do as Mr. Lucado suggests and narrow it down to ten things!

1) My faith in, relationship with and experience of Jesus Christ.
2) Fantastic, selfless husband. He's my best friend.
3) Beautiful, precious son.
4) Fabulous family.
5) Wonderful friends.
6) A home and food: two bare necessities (are you humming it too?!) never lacking, however tight things get.
7) My health returning.
8) The bar of Lindor chocolate in my cupboard, just waiting to be attacked!
9) Laughter. Whether it's triggered by the hilarity of some people in our lives or entertaining programmes like Miranda or How I met your Mother, for example.
10) Flying Start and the support they provide.
11) {Yes, eleven! I'm breaking the rules.} Freedom. Sure there are big problems in our society and politics but we are a free country.

And specifically today I am grateful for:

1) Home-made mincemeat cake. Yum.
2) Calpol.
3) CBeebies. Specifically, 3rd & Bird and In the Night Garden ;)
4) That Lindor bar. Yes it is worth mentioning twice!
5) The book, "The Science of Parenting."
6) The Internet, specifically twitter, Facebook and hotmail. Keeps me feeling connected and did even when I was too ill to leave the house for days and weeks on end.
7) It being Friday.
8) NCT for introducing me to one or two very nice new friends.
9) A 40% off voucher for a shop I need to visit anyway.
10) A potential tax rebate :)

Thank you God. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share...