For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity but of power, love and self-discipline (in some translations, "self-discipline" is replaced with "a sound mind").
I'm thanking Jesus right now - yes, at this very hour - that this is true. It's true whether or not it feels true and it's true whatever we are faced with. There is nothing stronger than His name, and His spirit. And there are some big things going on out there in our world, in our community, all of which have not insignificant power and influence but ultimately none of them are more powerful than the name and spirit of Jesus. And it's because of that fact that we need not have a spirit of fear; there is nothing left to fear if you can let go and leave it all in His hands. They're the "hands that flung stars into space" as the song goes - I'm pretty sure they're qualified to deal with whatever you and I decide to fling their way!

1 comment:
Amen :)
Post a Comment
Any thoughts? Feel free to share...