Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

It's Pancake Day...

...so I made apple pie. Oops! Mum gave me a batch of delicious sweet pastry she made on Sunday so I decided to try and make apple pie filling and see what I could concoct. Good job I've eaten sufficient apple pie in my lifetime because I had no recipe but guesswork did the job very nicely indeed. First pic is as the pie went into the oven because I, of little faith, thought it may not be photoworthy on exiting the oven! Happily, I was wrong; the pie looked pretty flipping good if I do say so myself ;)

And goodness me it tasted delicious. Next thing to conquer: making my own pastry. Don't think I'll use guesswork for that!

So we bypassed the pancake tradition but a Miti tradition seems to have developed over the years whereby our pancake day tends to fall a day or two after the rest of the country. I wish I could say that this was deliberate but the truth is we're just *that* disorganised! And this year we wrote off the evening for pancake-making purposes because Noah had his next batch of injections this afternoon and the evening following such appointments never holds anything positive. So today the pie was prepared before leaving for the dreaded vaccinations. And now I'm so full that even though Noah's just fallen asleep at last I can't physically lie down. Oops again!!

1 comment:

Vix said...

Sorry about the rubbish picture formatting, it's cos I've been emailing my posts. Will sort it soon!

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share...